* I discovered I had been defrosting my freezer for the last day or so without knowing it. Sigh. The plug had been knocked out some time unknown. Thankfully, I didn't lose too much as it is a small upright freezer and it was shopping day today anyway. But it did mean a block of cleaning up I hadn't planned on. My freezer is now frost-free, very clean and beautifully
* The Jehovah's Witnesses were door knocking our area today. On Halloween. Maybe they were hoping for candy?
* My friend Erin works in Kyrgyzstan. Her blog post today wrecked me. So much suffering in the world.
* Before The Freezer Incident, I was planning to write a review of The Ministry of a Messy House. It's a job for another day now. But I will say that after finishing it on Saturday, I went and ordered three more copies to share and give to friends. It's that good.
* Only two kids have rung the doorbell so far. I still have a lot of lolly bags left and the light is fading.
* We are doing three lots of "having people over" on the weekend. Hoping we won't be too exhausted to face the working week.
* On Wednesday I have my first Legal Studies class. Incidentally, I have only one girl in my class. I need to get in touch with my blokey side somehow. And one student has a parent who is in the police force. I'd better know my stuff.